Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring!!

I know the suspence is killing you: What does the 2nd Day of Spring look like in Upstate New York?*

Well, it looks a lot like this:




Lovely!!

Actually, it all looks very mysssterious and romantic with the fog coming off the snow.


And look at this! See that brown stuff in the driveway? That's the ground! There's hope for us after all.


Oh boy, do I have Spring Fever! I'm plotting and scheming for a vegetable garden, and maybe painting the bathroom, and about 5 new knitting projects, and long walks in the woods...and sitting on the deck!! One day soon I'm going to be able to sit on my deck - right outside with no coat on and everything! But right now I'm going to have a beer and pet the dog.

Happy Spring everybody!


*So I fell asleep on the couch on the 1st Day of Spring. Sue me.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

while signs of spring may be in evidence here, the visiting southerner is ready for home.

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... Hey "Visiting Southerner"... at least ready-for-home is better than ready-for-THE-home!! :)

Careful... lurking under that snow is Spring mud..Zeke can't wait for a mud bath, no doubt...ewwww

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

Not just mud either - a LOT of Zeke poopies, preserved in the snow just like the rotting carcasses of snowy mammoths found in Alaska sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home