Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Is Wendy Coming unraveled?

I'm writing this post while watching Little Miss Sunshine for the second time in two days. Wow, you guys! Have you seen this movie??? If you haven't, you must drop everything and go rent this movie immediately!! There is a very good reason it was nominated for Best Picture a few days ago.

So it's been a while since I've tortured you with knitting pictures and tonight's your night!

I started up my little stripey alpaca sweater again and got pretty far along when I decided it needed some improvements. When you knit in the round, the stitches go in a spiral, which is only visible when knitting with stripes. When you get to the "end" of a round, the first stitch and the last stitch don't line up, which is ok if it's down the back of your sock or something. If it's right in the center of your chest on a sweater...not so good.

See? Looks like crap.

So I've decided to rip out the sweater all the way back to the bottom of the v-neck. It's actually not a bad thing, since now I know that I made the sleeves too big anyway, and I figured out how to hide the messed up stitches under the armpit.

AND ripping out stitches with a ball winder is REALLY fun!! It's almost tempting to knit up a huge blanket or something, just so I can wind it all up again.

If you haven't already figured out what a huge dork I am, here is concrete evidence:

And now here we are all set to start knitting again. And this time I have a plan, Stan!


I leave you now with a photo from last weekend when the last of the Christmas decorations were put away. A sad, sad day for Zeke.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn winder thingy is soooo cool! I didn't know you could do that with it! I cannot believe that sweater. It's going to be gorgeous. How do you do that? It's really amazing, Miss Wendy. It's funny that you were watching "Little Miss Sunshine" because they showed that movie on the airplane to Mexico and I absolutely loved it! I had never even heard of it but when I saw that Greg Kinnear and Steve Carell were in it I was excited. I laughed out loud when, on top of everything else that went wrong, the horn on their VW Van wouldn't stop honking. I think I woke folks on the plane up because it was 7 in the morning. Great movie and I want to see it again. By the way, Mr. Zeke is so precious!

Hugs,
Lula's Mom

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the movie.

your movie might garner some academy attention as well. could use some unraveling music. maybe ravel's bolero. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home