Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Saturday, January 20, 2007

SNOW!!!!!

IT SNOWED! IT FINALLY SNOWED! Lots of snow! How much, you ask? Let me consult my Automatic Snowfall Depth Calculator.

Yup, it's up to Zeke's belly.

Do you people know what this means???? It's finally time to showshoe!!!! And look how smooth and perfect it all is. I don't know about you, but when I see brand new snow like that, I'm consumed with an overwhelming desire to mess it all up. Wow, we're going to be busy this weekend.

But first, we have some work to do. It's not all fun and games when it snows, kids.

I have to rescue the phone and cable lines from the snow covered tree limbs without electrocuting myself on the power line.

Then I have to clean off the satellite dish, so I can get a signal again...(So THAT'S why everybody's dish is on the ground here.)

Then we have to check on FU Tree. I think that's too much snow for him to carry. And by the way, little FU is doing MUCH better socially, as well as health-wise.

See? Zeke has found other places to pee.

Oh look! The snow plow man has arrived! My hero!

Let's make sure the mail box is cleared off...

You know, some people pull their cars up to the mailbox, but I prefer to walk out to get my mail. Know why? Because this is my view on the way back.

NOW!! IT'S FINALLY TIME TO TRY THE SNOWSHOES!!! But I fear this is way too much excitement for you, so we're going to have to continue this little saga tomorrow. I know, just try to calm down. Have a glass of wine or something.

4 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say! is that Automatic Snowfall Depth Calculator available for rent?

go, wendy! go, snowshoes!

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, is that a little red christmas ball I see on FU Tree?

Hugs,
Lula's Mom

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

Yes. Yes it is.

Next year he'll have his very own plastic flamingo for company as well.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home