Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Monday, January 01, 2007

Some Stuff

First of all, I'd like to say:

GO RAVENS!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!! Please have your playoff games on either ABC or Fox, as these are the only networks I can get here. OK? ESPN is OK too. And somebody PLEASE remind to watch?! January 13 or 14, January 13 or 14th, January 13 or 14th.

Now, on to some stuff I did.

Several weeks ago, my knitting group had a little Christmas party and gift exchange. The rules were to only spend $2 to $5. Here's what I got:

Cotton yarn so I can make more dishcloths! I love the colors and I'm very excited - I usually don't like what I get at these things and this time I totally lucked out.

And here's what I gave:

I've seen people make stitch markers on other blogs and it looked pretty easy - and it was! I went to AC Moore and found some beads and little hoop-ey things for real cheap, and put them together. I made some for myself too. Sure you could use a little plastic ring to keep your place in the knitting, but these are a little snazzier. They're kind of like jewelry for your knitting.

The lady who got them was really happy with them, which made me happy too!

AND
Here's what I made for Lula's Mom for Christmas:

I actually finished something! This is Koigu yarn, 100% wool and Lula's Mom claims they actually FIT her, which is a plus.

These were made almost entirely during breaks at work or on knitting group nights.


Now, I know what you're going to say.
"Wendy, you could care less about college football. So why are you all of a sudden a fan of the Boise State Broncos?"

Well, I'll tell you. I was too lazy to change the channel tonight while working on my blog and it happened to be on some college ball game that I was totally ignoring. From where I'm sitting, I can't even see the tv through this giant Christmas tree that appears to be in my living room. As I typed away for the entertainment of my gentle readers, I heard this:

"I'm Ian Johnson, running back for the Boise State Broncos."

Yeah, whatever. Which picture of these socks looks the best?

"I love pets. I've got four animals....."

Awww, what a nice boy. Ooh, that's a nice clear picture.

"My mom taught me to crochet when I was in high school."

WHAT?

"I brought it up here with me to Boise. I used to sell 'em, now it's just a hobby of mine. I get called all different types of names: Knit Wit, Crochet Boy. I've even been told to crochet myself a friend every once in a while."

And THAT, my friends, is why from now until I forget (which is probably tomorrow morning - I have a short memory) I am a total fan of the Boise Broncos. Except I need to change the channel now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lula's mom here. Posting in the wee hours of the morning for the second night in a row. Why does it take me so long to clean a house? Maybe it's because I hate it and I take lots of snack breaks like every 10 minutes or so. I'll blame it on the ADD and increased appetite caused by my Grave's Disease. Yeah, that's it. Anyways, wanted to let you know that I wore my lovely socks today. They are so comfy and warm and they don't fall down like so many of my store bought socks. I LOVE THEM! Thank you so much! I'm going to do my favorite job in the world....clean the bathroom at 12:30 in the f-ing morning. UGH!

Hugs,
Lula's Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home