Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Carnage

I hope everyone had a wonderful, food-filled day with lots of friends and family?

Here at the old Warblerneck household, a good time was had by all. Due in part to the invention of a delicious new beverage which will surely become a holiday tradition from now on.

We usually have mimosas with Christmas breakfast: a mixture of Champagne and orange juice. This year, Mom brought Australian sparkling shiraz which was full of purpley, fizzy goodness. We've dubbed it "Kathy's Cold Brook Christmas Cherry Cordial," on account of it's having maraschino cherries in the bottom. And no, we aren't sharing with anyone - it's all gone.

Gift-y highlights:

My friend Ethel made me this awesome little poinsettia bear. Ain't he cute? I just love him!

Lulla's Mom made me cry with this gorgeous Song Sparrow ornament. I have a soft spot for Song Sparrows because there was a pair who lived in my backyard in Baltimore and came back to nest every spring. I named them "Song Sparrow Boy" and "His Wife" and I really, really miss hearing him sing his little heart out on my azalea bushes.

AND - looky looky!! I GOT SNOW SHOES!!!! Yay!!! I'm so unbelievably excited. WHERE is all the snow? There is no damn snow here! What gives?

Check out the bottom of these things - spikes for walking on the icy bits. Neat-o huh? Except there aren't icy bits to walk on either. LET IT SNOW!!!!! (Only at night and on weekends so that the roads are clear and dry when I have to drive on them. Is that too much to ask?)

You may wonder where the "carnage" comes in? Well, I was going to show you the presents Santa brought for Miss Mango. Here they are:

--sigh--
I've got to go now. I've really eaten a lot of food. And then after that, I ate more food. And then I was thirsty...And....BLURK. I shouldn't need to eat again for at least another 15 minutes. Mmmmm....candy.....

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, the christmas cordial: just a fond memory now. however i am home with my lotr sound track albums and my warm sheepskin mittens, which i probably should have left in coldbrook since it is doubtful it will ever get cold enough to need them here, and my tiny owl and a treasure of a picture of roy's mom. so life is good even if the christmas visiting is over.

we're having e.mail difficulties at this end so further communications may be long in coming.

happy new year to one and all and may 2007 be a better one for the whole world.

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool stuff. That bear is adorable and the snow shoes...well, let me just say that I'm just a little bit jealous! It sounds like you may be able to use them. How much snow did you get last night? I'm going to get the "fixings" for Kathy's Christmas Cherry Cordial for mom and I. It sounds so yummy!

Hugs,
Lula's Mumsy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home