Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Life is Good

Know why?

1. Look what I found!

It's my roof! I knew I left it around here somewhere. You should have been here when the small glacier flew off the section of roof over the living room. It sounded like a jet was landing on the house. Very cool...once the adrenaline wore off and I stopped screaming. I kinda wish I could have been here to watch the rest of it fall off, but I had to go to work.

2. Mmmmmm. Smell that pizza-ey goodness! It's my "Glad I'm Single Foccacia Bread Pizza". (Because I'm glad I don't have to share. hee, hee!)

This is the first time I made pizza since I moved here and I was really missing it.

3. I've been crocheting!

These are just little cotton washcloths. The one with a flower on it was made years ago when I was in college. I found it the other day in my sewing room and a little light bulb went on over my head. I forgot crocheting is kinda fun. I made the other two last weekend and donated them to my library. (I KNOW you can't read them. Our knitting/crocheting group donates stuff to sell to benefit the library.)

4. Life is just better with extra socks in it.


5. Finally, some good news for our troops.

The link I had to the original Washington Post article doesn't work any longer. But this one came out a few days later and is just as heartbreaking. I'm glad someone's finally trying to do something about it!!!

P.S. Ooh! I almost forgot! While cleaning the dust bunnies out from under the couch I uncovered another award left over from last week. Ahem. And the award for "Most Times Getting Pooped On By Birdy Houseguests And Not Complaining" goes to.....Lula's Mom!!!

Congratulations! We, uh, ran out of statues, but we do have this nice soggy bird for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home