Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Another Fine Weekend

**Do you ever get irritated by the amount of time you waste doing a simple task online? You try to do one little thing, and end up having to sign up for this, agree to that, change this password, remember what the hell that other password was...I don't even read those damn agreements before I click "ok". I know that's bad, but for God's sake - I have to get on with my life!

So the bottom line is, I just wanted to put up a new blog entry before turning on the Oscars, and all of a sudden I'm forced to move my entire blog over to "the new blogger" and get a new google account and a bunch of other crap. So I don't even know what the new blogger is and I don't much care really, as long as all 2 of you can still read this blog? Is it working? Does it look funny?**

Now back to your regularly scheduled blog, unless something else happens to piss me off and I end up changing my password to "a$$master." ....Except I can't now because it's not a secret anymore. Damn, that would have been a good password too.

OK, so first of all, this year's winner for "Cutest Big Butt In A Picture Window" goes to:

The Ruffed Grouse in my front yard! Yay! She didn't have a speech prepared, but I'm sure you understand how much this award means both to her, and to all Ruffed Grouse everywhere who just had a dream. A big butted dream.

The folks were up visiting this past week and we all had some time to play in the snow. And the award for "Most Snowshoe Wearing Family Members In A Weekend" goes to:


Congratulations guys! Speeeeeech! Speeeeeeech!!

Mom and Dad's house is coming along fast - look how tall it is!


It makes really pretty patterns inside too.



(I really only wrote this post so I wouldn't have to look at those damn cookies anymore. They look so yummy and I want more, but I already ate them all. Damn you Wendy! Why didn't you save them for later?????)

5 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

acceptance speech:

ahem, well i am just speechless. i would like to thank my daughter for the lend of the shoes, mother nature for the snow, zeke for kindly staying out of the way, my husband for the jacket, and my daughter Again for taking such a lousy shot.

site is working for me. seems to me your audience is greater by half than your estimate.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

You're right - I have three readers.
ha!
:-)

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people REALLY haven't fully grasped the sanctity of radiant heat, warm wool slippers, and a hot Dutch Chocolate.
Fuzzy butted Grouses, indeed.

I can't wait to worship a hot rum toddy in the new family cathedral!

Blog is bloggin for me so that's at least 4 readers.

Darth Uncle

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No signs of global warming in Herkimer County yet, I see.
Is that Santa, or just one of his helpers?

I ducked when I saw the Ruffed Grouse. There's always a chance the Vice President is lurking around somewhere!

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...Hello! I think you forgot one award. I believe I am the proud recipient of the "Person Who Forgets Her Password To Wendy's Blog The Most" award. I'm very hurt. So hurt that I'm not even going to give a speech. In fact, I think I'm going to boycott this awards show until all people who are suffering from early dementia are given the credit they so deserve. Now, what was I talking about........

Cute grouse pics and even cuter mom and dad pics. Is snow-shoe-ing hard? I bet you use muscles you didn't even know you had. I'm still thinking about those cookies. They look so delicious. Was the icing all creamy and buttery? Homemade iced sugar cookies are pretty hard to beat, especially when they are warm. Okay, I have to go to bed before I eat something.

Hugs,
Lula's Rejected Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home