Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The End of Global Warming???

Not quite - but it IS the end of my Global Warming socks!! YAAAY!

I finally finished them last Sunday night and wore them to my knitting club on Tuesday. I took my shoe off, held my orange clad foot up over our table, and got a rousing cheer from the group!! Yup, I'm burning my candle at both ends, folks.

My original intention was to knit them both at the same time from the toe up. That way I could keep going until I ran out of yarn. I wanted to see how far a ball of yarn would really go...

and go....

and go....

This freaking ball of yarn would not end!! I really ought to report this to NASA. I knitted and knitted and knitted, and the damn thing didn't change in size! And look how much is still left over when I finally gave up in despair. It looks like there's enough left to knit a sweater and a matching hat and mitten set.

So, are you getting sick of looking at pictures of snow?


'Cause I'm not!!!


2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THOSE SOCKS! You are so talented, Miss Wendy. What kind of stitching is that. It looks all scalloped and stuff. Sorry, my knitting terminology sucks. Lovely snow pics. Did you notice that the snow within that orb of light on the first picture looks like a penguin head? Hope you're keeping warm.

Hugs,
Lula's Freezing Mom

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, little miss sunshine. you certainly bring some into a room with those. they're beautiful. have you worn them to work yet?

7 above here today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home