Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Thursday, July 27, 2006

What's Your Perspective?



I thought I'd mess around with perspective some. I'm still learning to use this camera, so some pics aren't as fantabulous as I'd like, but they're kind of fun. These are some of the different kinds of moss at that place up the road with no name.



And when I say "moss" I don't mean a little bit here and there on the side of a tree. I mean I haven't seen any actual "ground" there yet. You're always either walking on the softest, thickest bed of moss you can imagine, or you're walking on the softest, thickest bed of pine needles you can imagine.

As I said to Mom once while walking in a different, but nearby part of the county: "It's frickin' Lord of the Rings back here!"

Ain't these ferns huge? In reality they're about 3 to 4 feet tall. When you lay down on the ground under them, they look as big as the trees.

Gotta go. I think Legolas is calling me.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LORD ALMIGHTY, those are some big ferns! I have never seen them that big in the U.S. I did see some huge ferns in St. Lucia that blocked out most of the light in the rainforest. Very, very cool. Wonder what kind of mosses those are. I know that at least one is a type of club moss but there are lots of club mosses and I'm too lazy to look them up now. Anyways, lovely pictures, my friend. Say hi to your folks!

Hugs, Lula's Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home