Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Friday, July 21, 2006

Flora and....more flora

I've got a lot of flower pictures in the camera today, so let's have a look.

But first, something very urgent. I know this blog is so far mainly about birds, knitting, pets, and "weird stuff I find in the woods" but I need to talk about something else for a sec.

What is UP with "Limited Edition" cereal???



Am I supposed to save the box? Was I not supposed to open it at all? Was each tasty loop handcrafted by a Bolivian artisan, a piece of fine art in and of itself? Well, it's too late now. I've already eaten the whole damn thing.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled flora:



See the monarch butterfly? See it? Me neither. The little bastard flew away every single time I tried to take his picture. The first time I found him, I ran all the way to the back of the house for the camera, found him still there when I returned and he waited until I was just pressing down the shutter to fly off. This little ballet continued several times throughout the day. I'm a slow learner.

So fine, I don't give a care! Who needs you butterfly? (I do. Come back.)





This picture is deceptive. The flowers are actually teeny-tiny, and they're on a stalk that's almost as tall as me. Weird stuff. See all the dog hair in the background? Somebody got brushed!



OK, so I did get him, but he's in a crappy position and he's on the wrong flower. Butterflies do NOT take direction well at all. Primadona!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home