Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

bzzzzzz


Here's another shot of my house. This is the "front", which is really the side because of the way the house sits on the lot.

The window on the right is my office/guest room, aka the "Spare 'oom." You can just barely see a black wire running down in front of the window there - that's where the local hoodlums (Black-capped chickadees) sit and bitch out my poor cat who's trying to get some sleep in the window. The first day, they were actually crashing into the window, trying to get at her. Street gangs are a growing problem in this town.

The next window over is my sewing room. (yay!)

Today, let's talk about buggies, shall we?

This handsome guy was peeking in the front door at Mom's house in Maryland.



I found this gigantic bug on the side of my "horribly blue" house. Ain't he neat? His antennae were at least 4 inches long. He's a biggun'. I really liked him - he kept turning his head to look at me. He kind of reminds me of a dinosaur - like a Triceratops or something. And he could fly. In fact, he started to fly, and I decided it was time to leave and I went in the house and closed the door. And locked it.



And this is no ordinary steaming pile of poo! Look closely and you'll see a really weird bug with a yellow butt. What IS that? I took this picture with my way-cool Aunt Eve who visited recently. The poop resides at Mom and Dad's place a little ways up the road from here.



See him? He's right in the center there. And see all the hair on the poop? Looks like, I don't know, deer hair? Perhaps I should have made today's title "Fun With Fascinating Feces."

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my animal tracks book tells me the scat could be coyote..... wouldn't hair in it imply they ate some kind of meat?

took me forever to find the right book so i guess i better rearrange them all in a rational order if you're going to keep finding all this neat stuff to photograph. i can't see the bug very well. i don't suppose it's a scarab....

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... I lost count of how many people I told about this shot... and how excited we were to find it.... before I began questioning my sanity... I will still look up the bug for you in my identification books... let you know what I find out...

and... as long as there was no glasses or camera bags in the poo... I wasn't too worried about being eaten...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home