Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Monday, July 10, 2006

"Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays."

Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes to Zeke. He's feeling much better today and is back to his favorite pastime: worshipping the green and yellow goddess. That's a little piece of sour dough bread in case anyone's keeping track.



The x-rays didn't show much, which only indicates that there isn't a problem with his actual bones. But the vet said there could be soft tissue issues (gesundheit) causing him pain. And something kind of showed up in the part of the spine over his hips. Bottom line is that I could have an MRI taken etc. but that wouldn't do much more than indicate that - yes, he needs surgery. And surgery on an old dog simply isn't fair to him. So, we'll keep up with the prednizone and hope that gives him some quality of life. So far, so good. I have to say, this vet is awesome. Those of you with pets know how hard it is to find someone you can trust.

Now, without further ado, I will torture you with some knitting. Look - I finished a sock!



This is Opal Rainforest Tiger sock yarn on size 1s. I'm trying to hurry up and finish the second one, before I wear the first out trying it on all the time. It even fits!! And so comfy! (Jeez, Wendy, get a tan! Or buy Photoshop and paint on a tan!)



Ooh. I promised Mom some plant pics. These are in my yard. Anybody got any ideas what the heck they are?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home