Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Monday, July 17, 2006

Fun With Yarn

It's been a while since I've posted any knitting pics, and tonight's the night!



I'm getting pretty far along on sock #2. I finished the heel and was ready to start turning it, except....Well I got cocky and didn't read the instructions for one little row in the pattern repeats.



So there aren't enough little stitchy-poohs on one side to pick up and continue and I'm a-rippin' it back. Or as the more seasoned knitters say, I'm takin' a trip to the frog pond. Rip-it, rip-it. Or as I would say, *@(&$#$#&%@.

Eh, it didn't take that long to do the heel, and it's kind of fun.

This weekend, I got into some yarn I bought at MD Sheep and Wool.



This is "Licorice Twist", merino wool from The Spinners Hill Shop, coincidentally located in central New York. Ooooh. I bet that means they're coming to Rhinebeck (NY Sheep and Wool Festival) in the fall. I've been obsessing over it for months, taking it out and drooling over it, and I finally couldn't stand it anymore. I wound it up...



and started a pair of mittens.





(It's hard to take a picture of your right hand, try it!) I even added a little cable on the back. I'm pretty proud, if I do say so myself. Pattern is the "Classic Mitten" from Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski.

Earlier this evening...well what do we have here?



Uh oh, looks like someone's having a little bath. The blue thing is his tie out. Yes, I have to tie him up, or he keeps walking away from me. No fighting or running, just slowly walking away......looking very, very sad.



And now he's all fluffy and clean. (oops, that's my ugly wall behind. I'm trying out paint colors.)



OK, enough with the pet pictures, but I really couldn't resist these.

And for birdy news - look what I found in the woods.



Any ideas? I did the scientific, "wave it really fast in the air and see if it makes any noise" test, and it was pretty darn silent. Does that mean it's an owl? Anyone? It's a big feather - over 12 inches. I LEFT IT IN THE WOODS in case any angry Fish and Wildlife people are watching.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, i can't decide if it's a good thing you're living in the north now since you enjoy knitting so much or a good thing you enjoy knitting so you'll have plenty of warm stuff for northern living.

i'm reading your site today to the accompaniment of metallica's s & m album. it is very warm here. that's why i'm inside on the computer.

now on to google to see if i can come up with a better map of palestine than our atlas. it does not have ramallah on it.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness does Mr. Sniff look handsome after his bath. And I don't think I mentioned how nifty he looked in his hunter orange collar.

Nice knitting pictures. Did you wind that yarn up with that cool yarn winder thing you purchased at the sheep and wool festival?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home