Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Knittin' Knews



I have another half of a "finished object"! Here's my first mitten. It ain't the most gorgeous mitten in the world, but I think with a nice cotton mitten liner, it'll be nice and toasty warm this winter.



The funny thing is, it has some flaws, which I now have to try to duplicate on mitten #2. ha, ha!



No Mom, I wasn't going to steal your mitten, honest!


Sock progress...



...heel is turned....



....gusset is gusseted.




ARRGGHHH! The pain!! Oww! Looks painful don't it?

And I spent a few hours in the Toyota waiting room, going around and around and around. Please note. Handsome Toyota car mechanics are not interested in knitting, no matter how coyly the needles are dropped on the floor.

....and yes, I do have a Toyota that was in the shop for legitimate reasons. I don't just hang out in random service stations trying to pick up....wait a minute...Not a bad idea....Nah...maybe not.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute shot... and I noticed some color coordinated toenail polish... nice!!

As to the mechanics... I recommend a Porshe dealership...

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Very nice mitten ... I love the colours! And very nice kitten ... love the colours there too :-)

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you are a knitting maniac, Miss Wendy! I'm very impressed. I cannot believe you alreday finished a mitten. That is really great yarn. I love the colors. Love the sock, too. But most of all, love that gorgeous gray cat named Jessica. How adorable is she?
Hugs, Lula's Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home