Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Whatcha Got There?

I love it when other bloggers do this.



I'm just so nosey and I love to see "what's in the box." For the same reason, I could watch perfect strangers open presents for hours and be happily entertained. I think that's what got me so hooked on knit blogs. Only a few months ago, I found the Harlot's blog and started reading from the beginning. Once I'd seen her open up a few packages full of yarn and sheep "fluff" I was hooked for life.

Saturday was a rainy, rainy day, perfect for receiving a surprise in the mail. (OK, I ordered it for myself, so it wasn't exactly a surprise. Whatever.) Wanna see what I got?



This is, of course, Vesper Twist Sock Yarn in "Tiger Lily." For those of you who don't knit (gasp!) this yarn is much coveted and extremely hard to come by. It's hand dyed by Julia of Knitterly Things and when she puts up a few for sale, they're snatched up in a heartbeat. I saw this a while back and HAD to have it but it was sold out! Then by stroke of luck I happened to check my email just as a new batch was posted and I won! I mean, I got one! And it was the. last. one.

I didn't write about it sooner because I was busy petting the skein and staring at it, and....I really need to get a life, have I mentioned that before?



OK, so I guess I have some kind of a tiger thing going on. I don't know what it is - all of a sudden I must have everything orange. I'm even about to paint my living room orange....excuse me "Summer Squash." Back in my morose, "everything must be black" high school days, I hated orange with a bloodthirsty passion normally reserved only for the color brown. Funny how things change. Because I'm also madly in love with this brown shirt. For this and other reasons, I think if I ever were to meet my high school self, we would hate each other. We'd probably try to beat each other up, but older me would win because I took two years of Aikido. muah-ah-ah....


Warning: Objects in mirror may be stinkier than they appear.

P.S. I find it very ironic that the spell check on blogger does not recognize the words "blogger" or "blog."
P.P.S. That butterfly is still hanging around the yard and I am not even looking at him. Screw you, butterfly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home