Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Missssscellaneous



To answer comments from "yesterday", I agree - I want to hear all these favorite songs too! The Fantasticks?

And speaking of having vivid memories of music one's parents used to play all the time - for me it would be "Jesus Christ Superstar" played on an old reel-to-reel tape. I was VERY young and impressionable - I used to sing along and try to act it out. So embarrassing. And of course there was the Beatles on reel-to-reel as well - "I am the walrus. goo goo ka chuub." WTF? Frickin hippies. (I mean that in the nicest way possible.)


I finished my first week at the new job and so far so good. I could tell you all about my job responsibilities and the people I'll be working with, but I'd rather tell you about my office and two windows that actually open and the big tree right outside the window!!! And every Friday is "wear whatever you want as long as it's not a halter top and short shorts" day!! They tell me they also had to ban tank tops for men because of a very hairy former employee who would wear a tank top on Fridays. Evidently all the hair was distracting to the women. I'll say - reflexive dry heaving does make it hard to get through a business phone call.

I finally finished my deadly socks of doom and fired them at Calgary this morning. I hope she likes them, but just in case I put some goodies in the box with them. I did take pictures but the camera is all the way across the room and I'd have to stand up and stuff. I'll post pics eventually.

There's a fungus among us:


This was orange-er (more orange?) in real life and about the size of a basketball. About 6 feet up on a tree near the beaver ponds. I went back a week later and now it's all shriveled up and white.

RHINEBECK IN ONE WEEK!!!!! All sock yarn will fear me.

3 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, my folks played Jesus Christ Superstar when I was growing up, too. How funny! I also used to "perform" to it while it was being played. ha ha ha!

Okay, what the hell does "and fired them at Calgary this morning" mean??

I'm going to play with Eastern Screech owls tomorrow morning (or I guess I should say this morning). I'm so excited.

Hugs,
Lula's Mumsy

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good lord, mumsy? what are you doing up at 230a? for that matter the woman was up around midnight. my days of staying up that late have vanished along with the j.c. superstar tape. roy does it occasionally if falling asleep in the chair occasionally counts.

i think i can answer your calgary question. that's the locale of the lady she was assigned to make socks for in the socks war. i think her lady got slowed up at her end with a death in the family.

there's a rehabber just down the street from the merganser gal. she mainly takes in owls and hawks. she might have some play for you too when you're visiting there. she needs help especially in the spring. guess that surprises you....

take care you both.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny! you think you had it wierd listening to that growing up? Your uncles three... all played music in the house whilst I was quite impressionalbe...

The youngest child - Classical.
The middle child - Hard Rock (Hendrix, Cream, The Doors... and such)
The eldest - Sound effect records.

I'm pleased the sound effects broadened out into JC Superstar, at least!

By the way... that first picture you posted.. of leaves in water is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for my current PC wallpaper!

Cheers

AntEve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home