Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Saturday, September 30, 2006

One Fine Day

On a particularly stressful workday last week, I walked out at lunchtime to get the mail and discovered that it was a gorgeous fall day, complete with warm sunshine. So I decided it was time for a break. This was my lunch spot.

This was my view. (I have got to take out that stupid basketball hoop.)

I even had some lunchtime entertainment. Zeke was lying peacefully on the grass a little ways away (because I was finished eating and there was no more food to beg for). You can't see it in this picture, but a very scary wooly bear caterpillar came crawling over towards him.

Zeke jumped up and sniffed frantically at it, then decided it was too dangerous and lay down several feet away. Unfortunately, he lay right in the path the wooly bear happened to be traveling in.
So up again, and move a few more feet.

Crisis averted.

Fear not, those of you who were beginning to hate me for my work-at-home-ness and my freedom to enjoy a luncheon outside on a fall day. Those days are officially over. This coming week I head to Baltimore to train someone to do my job, and the following week I start a brand new job at an actual building away from my home. Damnit!

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Miss Wendoleena! That is a cute little outdoor setup ya got there. Can't wait to see you next week! Get ready for some good Thai food and Cafe Hon!

Oh, turns out I had heard the new Deftones song. I thought it was old. Of course, I LOVE IT!!!

Hugs,
Lula's Mum

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

zeke is assuredly a make-love-not-war puppy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home