Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New Friends

Hi there!
Sooo.... Whatcha doin'?


Me? I'm knitting some socks.

These are so much fun. I'm starting to understand the allure of the lace and why so many bloggers are out there knitting shawls. Also, it's getting colder and I might need a wool shawl or two. Or 17.

I didn't have a screaming migraine tonight so I went to "Knit Club" which is a lot like "Fight Club" only it's mostly women and we don't fight and none of us have met Brad Pitt. Actually, I guess it's nothing like "Fight Club" at all. Although I never saw the movie. Do they sit around and knit after they beat each other up? I really love this group of gals (and one guy). I spent as much time giggling as I did knitting.

Now, I would like to introduce you to FU Tree.

FU Tree was so named in honor and remembrance of FU Chicken, who was loved and cared for by Lula's Mom. Both FU Tree and FU Chicken were....well....F*cked Up. Both led hard lives and bore the scars to prove it.

Poor FU Tree was knocked over while Mom and Dad's new driveway was put in. It was an unavoidable tragedy, but a tragedy nonetheless. FU lay at a pathetic angle, several branches broken off...and Zeke walked up and peed on him.

*This photo was not choreographed. Zeke enjoys urinating on FU Tree.

And, truth be told, I think I may have flipped FU Tree off once or twice as I drove away, just for the fun of it. Not with anger, you understand...just a little sick humor. But FU was determined to live, and my love for him grew, even as he bent himself at a right angle searching for the sun, glistening with dog pee pee.

So I dug his pathetic ass up, shoved him in the trunk of my car, and hauled him home.

As Christmas trees of days past have taught me, we'll have to wait about a month to see if I killed him or not. Hold on FU. Hold on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home