Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

This is so exciting!

Guess what I got?

I'll give you a hint.

It's big

....and blue

....and shiny.

It purrs quietly.

It sips fuel....

It's

a

new



FURNACE!!!!

YAAAAY! (What did you think it was?)

That big blue tank behind it is my hot water reservoir - instead of a hot water heater, my furnace does it all. Snazzy, huh? This has drastically increased the hot water in the house and almost entirely solved my water pressure woes. I love you, furnace man!!!



And here's my brand new oil tank. Ain't it cute? This is to replace the old one that's underground and probably about to start leaking at any moment.

Clearly, I am sadly and profoundly classified in the category of "grown-up" because I am unbelievably happy about this. And dudes. Do you know how much yarn this would have bought? I could have rented another Penske truck, taken it to Rhinebeck and filled it up to the ceiling with sock yarn. ---sigh--- But I'll be warm this winter!

In other news, the living room is finally painted! It was finished last weekend actually, but it took all week to get it back to mostly tidy condition. I still have more to do, but it's getting there.

So here's what it used to look like. (With the previous owner's furniture and layout.)

I had my furniture placed similarly, except without a TV in front of the gorgeous picture window. That's a SIN.



I didn't like the layout, but it took me a few months to figure out the perfect arrangement, and of course paint.

TA DAH!


What do you think?





I LOVE it!!
I need curtains...

**See my little blogging station in the first picture? I can simultaneously blog, watch Harry Potter and keep an eye on the evil green and yellow parrot. The basket on the floor next to the table came from Aunt Eve. It turns out to be the perfect place to stick all the computer and camera cables. Thanks Eve! I'm so proud of myself for figuring out that little bit of storage ingenuity - I'm not usually that organized.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT, WENDY!!! What a great color. I still don't know how you did it. It always amazes me when people paint entire rooms. I just can't imagine myself doing it. You are a woman of many talents! And I must add that I noticed a lovely owl pic on your wall. Very nice! Your house looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see it. I'm also noticing how lovely and shiny your floors are. Congrats on your new furnace.

Hugs,
Lula's Mom

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me, too on everything! i love the color and the look. i think you got it right on both. it probably looks a little sparce without curtains in the picture but i don't know if you really need them. maybe so and they will help with keeping in heat this winter. any idea what you're going to get? glad the furnace is finally in. but you may still fined it handy to stash away water for the john somewhere....

glad to see so many snakes at our place. did you ask them if they could stick to mice and refrain from eating the toads? maybe they can't if toads manage to make themselves taste bad....

4 cheers all around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home