Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Spring Squash

So I spent the entire weekend painting the living room and I'm not finished yet. But I have managed to get paint in my hair, on my shoes, and on the dog (NOT my fault). You'll be shocked and amazed to discover that I am actually using a color I rarely pick. That's right, orange. What's with me and orange this year?

Don't worry, it's not as horrible as it sounds - the color is called "spring squash" which is odd, because I don't think squash is ready until summer or fall...But it's exactly the color of a nice butternut squash, just before you pour butter and brown sugar all over it. mmmmm. I hope this color doesn't make me hungry every time I walk into the living room...I already had to have a giant bowl of ice cream with peaches tonight because somebody on tv had a smoothie. (I'm too lazy to get out the blender and I don't have any milk. I improvised.)

What were we talking about? Oh, the living room. Anyway, after the first wall, I had my doubts and was worried about the color. Then after the second wall, I was in love with the color and thought it was spectacular. After the third wall, I had my doubts again and worried that the ceiling looks too white, even though it's pale yellow. And then it got too dark to finish. (I took all the lamps out so I wouldn't get paint on them.)

There's no pictures tonight because I can barely move my arms after 2 days of painting. I'm typing with a pen held in my teeth, that's just how dedicated I am to the blogging community.

There was also an incident in the woods with a very cute baby bird, but I don't know if any of the pictures came out. You'll just have to wait until next time.

Oh, and the surprisingly orange sock is coming along nicely. I'm starting to turn the heel now and I'm going to need complete silence, please. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home