Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Friday, August 18, 2006

"I Just Made You Say Underwear"

So I was downloading some junk off of iTunes and all of a sudden remembered how much I love "Pinch Me" from Barenaked Ladies. It's such a stupid song really, but it makes me feel so happy I want to cry. I'm going to listen to it over and over again on I-90 tomorrow. (In my car. I'm not going to lie down on the yellow line with an iPod or anything. I don't have an iPod anyway.)

And then I downloaded the new Korn song. I'm a girl of many tastes.

That reminds me! Did you know Korn was in an episode of Monk??? For those of you who don't know, Korn is properly spelled with a "k" and a backwards "r" and Monk is a detective with severe OCD. In the show he gets on Korn's tour bus to ask them a favor and notices their name written on the window. He gets all uncomfortable and whispers to his friend, "They spelled it wrong. Don't say anything." [snort]

And Alice Cooper was in another episode!

In other news, I was reading the archives of Franklin's blog and I stumbled across this link he'd posted. It made me laugh so long and so hard that I frightened the dog. (Be sure to read the caption.)

The only thing that sucks about reading archives of blogs is sometimes you want so badly to comment and tell them that you almost burst a blood vessel laughing at the kitchen table, but they wrote it 2 years ago and it's way old news. Oh well.

Happy linking! Actually, those of you who are faint of heart probably shouldn't go to Korn's website. Really. I'm concerned for your well being.


Don't ask me. I don't know what the hell it is either. Out of focus, that's what it is. Except for that bit on the left there. That's in focus.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that BNL's song, too. It makes me want to bounce around like a crazy woman whenever I hear it! What the hell is that picture? Is it growing out of moss or something? They look like little pipes. I have absolutely no clue. Wish I had a moss id book.

I sent you a few emails with pics. I think we had some snake eggs hatch out arond a dead stump in our yard. I was so excited, I was running around the yard in the dark with a flashlight trying to find the little critters. No luck, though. There was also a 4 inch centipede type thing stuck to my jeans while I was watering the gardens. God only knows how long it had been on there. It was hanging on so tightly with it's hundreds of legs I literally had to scrape it off while I was screaming hysterically Ewwwwwww!!! Ah the wonders of nature!

And the butterflies! There are so many on our butterfly bush. There was one I had never seen, a Diana Butterfly. So beautiful. I also sent you a few butterfly pics.

Hugs,
Lula's Mom

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

Ew! Centipede! That's horrible! I would have taken my pants off and run away screaming in my underwear.

Oh look, now you just made ME say underwear...

The white freaky pile of crap in the picture looked like some kind of fungus? It was growing out of a fallen log down by my (giggle) stream. Weird stuff down there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home