Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Snakes on my Blog

Hee, hee! I've been wanting to say that for several weeks now, and I finally got some snakes to make it official.


I found this guy walking in a new part of the woods "up the road." He was a little chilly and probably scared to death. I took lots of pictures, told him how pretty he was and turned to walk around him....


and there was this cutie pie. He was about half the size of the first one and also rather petrified.

I wonder what they were up to? Maybe off to a screening of "Snakes on a Plane?"

I saw another one earlier this week in a different area. Same species, but much bigger and with a mouse sized bulge in the middle of his body. Of course that was the day I didn't feel like carrying my camera.

And here's some furry cuteness:


These are smaller than grey squirrels and 4 times as noisy. They must not encounter people very often. Two of them chased each other through the branches right over my head, and when they saw me, they stopped to stare. I told this one I like his red tail and he actually came a few branches closer. They were scared of Zeke, even though I tried to explain that he was only an old dog and not a large cat.

In other news, there appears to have been some violence in the woods behind my house.


I showed it to Zeke, but he wasn't interested.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those garter snakes? Very cute little guys.

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAccckkkk!!! First of all.. is that snake in a tree? Second of all... if that's a Red Squirrel... I know what the snake was doing up there... attacking!!

Red squirrels are not very nice guys... where I'm from... they would kill the grey ones... and were more likely to invade one's attic! Beware! Have your 22 ready!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home