Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Visits To The Sick Ward, Part 2

So on Sunday, I promised to continue my tales of the visit with FU Tree on Monday. So now my secret's out - I'm a big liar! MUAH AH HA!

And I missed Talk Like A Pirate Day because I was really cranky and pissed off about some stuff. But wait a minute...isn't that rather a "piratey" thing to do? GARRRR!!! But I did get drunk and watch Pirates of the Caribbean for the 300th time. It just doesn't get old - fantastic movie! What really bothers me though, is how Disney can be so damned evil, but still make such kick ass movies? What gives? I guess the old wives tales about the devil having a silken tongue were pretty true.

Enough blabbering! Let's have some pictures!


This is good practice for FU, holding little dangling sock cuffs, because if he lives until December you can be damn sure he'll be wearing Christmas ornaments. Oh God. I really, really need a pink flamingo lawn ornament to put next to him. How perfect would that be??

Both of these will be frogged for various reasons, mostly because I'm too lazy to get gauge before starting and these wouldn't fit any human I know.


Let's see, and here's a sweater I started long ago and that WILL be finished....someday. This is Wendy's Essential Stripe from Knit and Tonic. Wendy writes a damn good pattern for beginner schlubs like me. I didn't even know what "raglan" was and had to look it up in the dictionary. Duh. But her pattern is so easy that this is actually coming out right! It fits me and everything! (I took it off the needles and put it on one night.) What stopped me was hiding the jog of knitting stripes in the round. For you non-knitters, knitting stripes in the round makes a spirally seamey thing that would not be attractive right down the front of a sweater. I know there are many, many techniques for fixing it, but I needed more practice to get it to work, and so the sweater is aging nicely in my knitting bag.


And I put a picture of these sweater sleeves on here before, but FU hadn't seen them, so I got them out again. Yup, no progress since....January? But I really want that sweater, so I'll finish someday. It's the cover sweater from this book:

I HAD to have this sweater, so I started it with only a deformed mitten and pair of acrylic socks under my belt. I have NO FEAR. I may be small, but I'm scrappy!

So that's it for the UFO's... I though there were some more, but I guess they were called back to the mother ship. There's a horrible mitten with a squirrel on it somewhere, but I have no idea where...

If you tune in "tomorrow" [wink, wink] I'll have a FINISHED OBJECT to show you! oooh aaahhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home