Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tattoos, Tardigrades and.....stuff

Holy crap I've been gone a long time. Hold on a minute...I think I have a note from my mother somewhere....

--Ahem--
"Please excuse Wendy from her blog. She has been very busy and doesn't like cold weather.
Signed,
Wendy's Mom"

What? Not convincing enough?

OK, in all seriousness, February and March were not good months for me in some respects. I discovered a few years ago that I suffer from SAD and this year it hit me hard. Just when I was feeling better, the switch to daylight savings time knocked me on my ass again. So that's my real story - I've been sleeping a lot and eating things I shouldn't.

BUT, I have managed to get into a few little things and I'm still knitting happily away.

In the "very good news" department, this merganser duck managed (**finally!**) to find herself a new drake. And that's all I'm going to say about that here. If any of you want more details, feel free to email me. :-)

I've recently been sort of obsessively searching Google Images for tattoo pictures, and I stumbled across this very awesome blog. Any science geeks out there will surely appreciate it:

Carl Zimmer's Science Tattoo Emporium

Be sure to keep clicking the "next" button at the bottom of each page. One of my faves is the tardigrade tattoo. Tardigrades, aka, water bears, are some of my favorite creatures. The only bad thing about a water bear is that he's too small to hug and squeeze!

4 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am speechless. the lesson i took away from that tattoo site? i have lived all my life with some Very Ordinary People.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far dear. I've met your friends. ha, ha, ha!
:-)

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, we're ordinary!

A drake, a DRAKE??? Tell all! Janie

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, Took the kids fishing yesterday. Saw several Canadian geese, a couple of coots and a Hooded Merganser (thought of your blog). At least Arkansas has some redeeming values. -Long Lost Cousin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home