Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Knitting

OK people, we have a lot of knitting and sewing to catch up on in the next few posts, so let's find your seats and settle down. Turn your cell phones off or I'll confiscate them. Oh. Sorry. I was having flashbacks of college days.

Now. We'll start with a little Christmas knitting. I managed to finish a few mini socks for friends at work and they were a big hit. (The sock pattern is coming soon - I just have to find my notes...)

They're stuffed with mini candy canes - the only thing I could find that would fit in them.

This is the smallest pair, made from crochet cotton and size 000 needles.

My new boss, who I love, turns out to have good taste in Christmas presents. She gave me a gift certificate to AC Moore, which I promptly spent at the first opportunity. Here's what I got:


An adorable pattern book for crocheted Christmas ornaments. If I want to be really prepared for next year, I can get started right now....But we all know I'll most likely wait until November to start.

Then I found 3 skeins of this neat-o stuff. It's 100% wool, just barely spun, so it's more like knitting with roving. It's wonderfully soft too.

I was so excited, I cast on for a hat the second I got home. It was such fun to knit with, that I really wasn't concerned much with gauge. Which may be why it doesn't fit me. No worries though - it's sized perfectly for a young girl and I'll donate it to the library for them to sell.





(That's Emily. I made her a long time ago. She likes to help model hats so I humor her.)

4 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the pics! Are you still going to quilt club meetings? I'll be in PA early Feb., grandbaby is arriving on the 8th. Not looking forward to winter weather - think I'll have to buy boots? It will be good weather to do some hand quilting! love - aunt sue

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can FELT that roving stuff! But then you have to make things WAY big! But it's very exciting.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

Felting scares me a little. You never know what might happen! I guess I should take a risk and try it someday...

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

Jeez, Aunt Sue, the way the weather's going, you may need boots in Florida. Didn't it snow in Atlanta last week?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home