Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January Thaw

Are you ready for this? Today's temperature in Utica was 68 degrees F. That's right, I said it. Not a typo. Six. Eight.

The temperature at home was probably not quite as drastic, (I wasn't home to check the thermometer) but it was still 50 when I arrived home at 5:00.

When I walked outside after work, get this - I could see the grass!! There's still plenty of snow left, but only in the big piles. At home there's only about 2 inches left on the ground. I kindly decided not to post pictures. It's very muddy and ugly and dog-poopy.

I'll tell ya, I had some major Spring Fever going on today and not in a good way. More in a "I feel really really really happy and I want to run up and down the stairs real fast and I wonder if this what the manic part of manic depressive feels like and I can't stop giggling and I'm light headed and my sinuses feel funny" kind of way. Yeah.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow and I hope it does. This is freaking me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home