Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Sunday, January 20, 2008

More Knitting...

Okey Doke.

Here's some more trouble I've been up to around here...

Made these blue ribbed socks for my pal Ethel. (Lanette Superwash yarn with size 1.5 needles)

You can tell I really love Ethel, because these socks came out so pretty and so comfy that I wanted to keep them for myself.

But not to worry, I've cast on a new pair for myself. These will be mine all mine!! MUAH AH AH AAAHHHH!!

cough cough ahem.

And here's another gift certificate purchase that I made:

It's Cat Bordhi's new sock book! This genius of a woman completely reinvented the structure of a common sock. I feel like an intrepid explorer on the shores of a brand new continent. EUREKA!!

(I know you non-knitters think I'm a few yards short of a skein, but for knitters this stuff is just mind-blowing.)

She starts you out with baby booties to learn the techniques, and I cast on right away with some free yarn I picked up at knitting group.

It's acrylic though, and wasn't all that fun to knit with, so the next pair was in a much more pleasant wool.

Ain't they just the cutest?

I don't have any babies handy, so I'll donate these to the library along with the hat.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute socks! A certain grand-baby is arriving soon and needs socks! love - Aunt Sue
p.s how is your mom doing?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

Oh yeah! A good excuse to cast on another pair! :-)

Mom's doing great - I just sent you an email.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you HAVE to get her Mobius knitting book! I have yet to start a project, but I have the book and a loooooooooooong needle and no time. Hmmmm. Janie
www.scienceoutsidethebox.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home