Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Friday, November 21, 2008

The Longest Wait For A Hug

Today was good in many ways. But work-wise, today was very bad: stressful and exhausting. I arrived home, however, to find this on the kitchen table. (Left there by my Mom, who found it.)


Inside: a very pretty card.


Can you read the date??? (Click to enlarge.)


And this is what my Great-Grandma Brunotte sent me today. She even knew to wait 25 years until I really needed a hug. Thanks Grandma. I love it, it fits, and I'm gonna wear it too.

5 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

could i suggest washing it first? you have to admit this is really weird. when i found it, it appeared to be an adult sized medium and i thought it just might do for you. also 100% cotton. :) at the time the date on the card did not register with me. this was a gift to a kid! maybe she knew it would take that long to get to you.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
Can you remember Grandma's (rather.. great grandma's) little, quick,happy giggle. The one she used when something struck her suddenly funny. Well, she's making it now, and is quite pleased with herself.

You deserve it Wendy... how cool.

Love...anteve

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's cool. Glad to see you're still alive and posting!

-Long Lost Cousin

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...neither Rain, Nor Sleet, nor Snow...nor Darkest Night will delay these carriers from their appointed rounds."
Neither, obviously, will over two decades! :-)
Hugs come when they are needed most and only then.


Darth Uncle

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some years ago I found a blue linen handkerchief in a 1948 Christmas card to my grandmother from another relative, so miracles do happen! Hope you are well and looking forward to the new year! Janie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home