Warblerneck

"This fog is thick as peanut butter."

"You mean pea soup."

"You eat what you like and I'll eat what I like!"

- Yukon Cornelius and Hermey the Elf

Thursday, June 14, 2007

What I Did With My Birthday Money

So a couple of you very kindly gave me some money for my birthday. And I've been having a good time trying to decide what to do with it. A couple DVDs....maybe some yarn....new clothes for work....

But last night I decided to spend it on something else.

I put a very small downpayment on these:

Well. The ones on the right were free, actually. The ones in the little baggy cost $465.


Can you guess what they are?

And no, it's not some new street drug, you sickos.

I'll give you a hint. I paid for them here.


Still not sure?

This is where I first saw them at 9:30 last night and decided I just HAD to have them all.


Stupid. Stupid. Dog.

He couldn't quite make the mental connection that he had something sticking out of his nose and kept trying to sniff me and bump his head against my leg.

And kept jamming his nose out the cracked window during the entire car ride. Especially during times when we sat in a road construction backup, providing entertainment for other drivers and members of two road crews.

This is half of them. I pulled the first half out myself with a pair of (sterilized) needle nosed pliers, before Zeke calmly explained to me that he wasn't going to let me take any more out. He was a very good dog - he didn't cry or snap at me even once. He just refused to hold still. 70 pound dogs can do that.

Here's Zeke doing his best Tommy Chong impersonation after our return from the vet:

"Morphine man. Can you dig it? Far out man."

The bad news: I STILL haven't seen a porcupine. I missed the whole thing.

The good news: I was saving up to have his teeth cleaned next month, and they went ahead and did it all in one shot. And trimmed his nails too. Now THAT'S a good vet.

6 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Oh, poor Zeke. $465? Wow. That would have been a lot of yarn.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my, my, my.

just tell me one little thing. has anyone in this duo learned anything from this adventure? put another way, will a certain furry creature be paying for the Next such encounter? then again the critter on the other end of those things can't possibly have any left......... can he?

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

--sigh-- yes, I'm trying not to think about all the yarn that I'd already picked out.....Luckily, I can be comforted by my existing stash and a few cold beers. Ahhh...I feel better already....

And hey, it makes for an entertaining story for the water cooler at work!
:-)

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....not to put too fine a point on it (I couldn't resist) but what kind of pattern would needles that fine make?
Maybe a REALLY nice porkypine muzzle for our favorite Marlin Perkins pooch?
The offending pincushion has probably hit the road for the hills with an incriminating bald spot. Hedgehog comb over?

Darth Uncle

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Porcupine quills pulled out of Zeke's nose by his momma, $0. Porcupine quills pulled out of Zeke's nose by friendly veterinarian, $465. A picture of Zeke's stoned, quill-less face....Priceless! Holy crap, Wendy. I'm trying really hard not to laugh because I'm sure you weren't laughing when this happened or...were you? I am only laughing b/c I know the sweet boy is okay. The last picture of "stoned Zeke" caused me to squirt Diet Lipton Iced Tea through my nose..owwwwwwww and gross. He looks so funny! I cannot believe that happened. That must have been so stressful ford you. I'm sorry, Miss Wendy. (still trying not to laugh).

Hugs,
Lula's Mom

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Wendy Merganser said...

ha, ha, ha! Dearest Uncle - everyone knows porcupines only wear the finest toupee's!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home